1 Customer Checklist
• We understand that there is no BYO.
• We understand that if we bring our own cake this needs to be pre-arranged with a NOLA team-member at a fee of $3 per head applies; please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
• We understand no decoration or signage can be brought into the venue, and no AV equipment including the PA-system can be brought in or used unless agreed to in writing by NOLA SYDNEY P/L’s Reservations Manager.
• We have chosen the food package/set menu for groups of 8+ guests.
• We have chosen the wines (for groups of 20 or more, 7 days in advance).
• We have confirmed the number of guests. We understand that we will be charged for the number of guests confirmed three (3) working days prior to the booking; e.g. a booking is made for 10 people and 5 turn up on the day, we will be charged for the 5 guests that did not show as outlined in ‘3 Cancellation’. We understand that any increase in number of guests remains subject to availability at all times and NOLA Smokehouse and Bar cannot allow more guests into the venue and/or per booking than currently allowed by the Australian Government. We understand that we may get charged a cancellation fee as outlined in ‘3 Cancellation’ if we cancel our reservation because the size of the group has increased and cannot be accommodated due to the current government issued health order.
• We understand that reservations in any area of the venue will only be held for 15 minutes in case we are running late and may be cancelled thereafter.
• We accept to vacate the table at the out-by time mentioned on the booking site or at the time confirmed by one of NOLA’s team-members. Where no out-by time has been quoted we accept to vacate the tables by 5pm for lunch reservations, and after 12am for dinner reservations Mondays to Saturdays, and by 6pm Sundays.
• We understand that no Bar area will be reserved for drinks before or after reservations in the Smokehouse and access to the Bar will remain subject to venue capacity at all times unless otherwise agreed by NOLA SYDNEY P/L’s Reservation Manager. We understand that underage patrons are not allowed in the bar area unless agreed to prior by NOLA SYDNEY P/L’s Reservation Manager in writing.
• We understand that it is the responsibility of the card holders and or organiser/s of this booking to make it clear to their guests that all dietary requirements must be communicated to NOLA SYDNEY P/L’s Reservation Manager 72 hours prior otherwise we cannot guarantee that all requirements will be catered for appropriately.
• We understand that any payment due will be made on the day of the reservation unless agreed otherwise.
• We understand that the Smokehouse is a table-service area and drinks cannot be ordered separately at the bar. All food and drinks will be added to the main bill. We understand that all guests must be seated for the duration of the reservation whilst following social distancing guidelines – mingling is not allowed. Where a minimum spend has been quoted for a sit-down lunch or dinner in the Smokehouse, any possible pre-drinks in the Bar or French Quarter will not count towards this minimum spend.
• We understand that reservations in the Bar or French Quarter will require one tab to be opened which can be split by up to four equal payments. We understand that underage patrons are not allowed in the Bar or French Quarter unless agreed to prior by NOLA SYDNEY P/L’s Reservation Manager in writing.
• We understand that it is the responsibility of the card holders and or organiser/s of this booking to make it clear to their guests that we do not split bills by more than 4 cards.
• We understand that there is a 10% gratuity on the total bill for groups of 8 guests or more, and/or French Quarter, and/or Private Dining Room bookings, as well as any advance bookings in the bar.
• We understand that reservations of 20+ guests, reservations during the Peak Season (November to January), or Full- or Part-Venue Exclusives require a non-refundable deposit at the time of confirming the booking based on the minimum spend agreed upon with NOLA SYDNEY P/L’s Reservations Manager.
• Management reserves all rights including behaviour, paraphernalia and intoxication for all hens, bucks parties & group bookings.
2 Client Responsibilities
This agreement takes effect when a NOLA SYDNEY P/L booking form has been reconfirmed by the NOLA SYDNEY P/L management. Prior to this, your booking will be deemed tentative. The client will be charged for any damage or extra cleaning to the venue, NOLA SYDNEY P/L‘s property, NOLA SYDNEY P/L’s guests or its staff’s property incurred by guests or friends of guests attending your booking. The client will assist any intoxicated guests from your booking from the premises if and when requested by management. The client understands that the full amount for the booking/function will be paid in full on the day electronically or by cash. Remittance may be required. Cheques are not accepted.
3.1 General Cancellation & Date Changes
You understand that there may be different cancellation deadlines for groups of more than 20 guests in The Smokehouse, Full- or Part-Venue Exclusives, ticketed events, and during the peak season (November – January) but these will always be confirmed in writing by NOLA SYDNEY P/L’s Reservations Manager. Non-arrival is considered a late cancellation. Any cancellations and changes of the date of the function must be emailed to email@example.com and receive written confirmation before the cancellation takes effect. Cancellation fees and deadlines outlined below overwrite any fees and deadlines quoted in the Resy widget.
The Smokehouse or The Private Dining Room: Cancellations or date changes received three (3) working days or more prior to the function date will not be charged cancellations fees. Cancellations or date changes made less than three (3) working days prior to the function date will be charged a cancellation fee equalling the total minimum spend. Where no minimum spend has been agreed, a cancellation fee of the set menu price applies. Where no set menu price or minimum spend has been agreed a cancellation fee of $20pp applies.
The Bar or The French Quarter: Booking deposits are non-refundable in the case of a cancellation or date change after the deposit has been paid.
3.2 COVID-19 Information
The cancellation and date change rules under ‘3.1 General Cancellation & Date Changes’ will apply to any cancellation and/or date change requests initiated by you. At the time of submitting this Group Booking Form you accept the risk of making a group reservation in times of uncertainty. You understand that NOLA Smokehouse and Bar may have to change the style of your event due to government issued health guidelines (e.g. change a standing function to a sit-down function) and we will always endeavour to still accommodate your group subject to availability. Should NOLA Smokehouse and Bar be unable to accommodate your reservation or part of your reservation (for example, but not limited to, newly imposed restrictions of the number of guests per group that are different to the restrictions at the time of confirming your reservation, or a reduction in total venue capacity due changes in social distancing guidelines) you will be given the option to reschedule your event (subject to availability) and use any potential deposit you may have paid at a future time. Please note any potential refunds offered will be processed within a reasonable timeframe however may take longer than usual. In the event that NOLA Smokehouse and Bar have to cancel reservations to stay below newly imposed maximum number of patrons in the venue it remains at the venue’s discretion which reservations will be cancelled however as best practice will cancel most recently confirmed reservations first. Should NOLA Smokehouse and Bar only be able to accommodate a part of your group you will always be given the option to still go ahead with your event with a reduced number of guests.
4 Closing Times
Closed Sunday-Tuesday, Wednesdays, Thursdays & Saturdays 11pm, Fridays 11.30pm, unless agreed otherwise by NOLA SYDNEY P/L’s Reservations Manager.
5 Venue Rights
We reserve the right to remove or have removed any patron from the premises behaving in an irresponsible manner. We take all care but assume no responsibility for the loss or damage to any property belonging to the client or their guests. Due to seasonal availability and demand, certain set menu, a la carte menu and wine list items and prices may be subject to change without notice.
6 Menu Changes
For group bookings of 30 or more people, we require seven (7) working days for full menu changes.
Last Updated: March 10th, 2021